Sökning: "nation state"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 393 uppsatser innehållade orden nation state.
1. Soli, Sanguinis and Sinking States. The legal foundations of upholdning the right to nationality in the event of climate change turning sovereign territories uninhabitableMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The argument of this paper is that the two main principles of nationality law used by nation states are not designed to handle the possible scenario of states sinking due to climate change. With the consequence of its habitants having to seek haven elsewhere, the focus is to illustrate how the application of the principles ius soli and ius sanguinis stand in relation to the universal human right to a nationality in the event of a state becoming uninhabitable and/or physically extinct. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Israel was officially declared as an independent state in 1948. A time when the modernistic ideology peaked around the globe, although it had been the dominant urban planning paradigm since the early 1920s. The large number of migrants moving to the newly formed nation stressed the need of rapid urban development. LÄS MER
3. Analytical Narrative of Economical, Political, Intellectual and Maritime History of Europe from Late Medieval to Early Modern AgeD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The Malthusian cycle was broken in 19th century Western Europe. Industrial revolution was the underlying reason according to social scientists. However, further questions emerged. An obvious one is: why did Europe host the industrial revolution? Unquestionably, the everlasting and voluminous literacy over this issue is far from over. LÄS MER
4. The state of media: An analysis of strategic narratives in CNN and RT’s reporting on the Syrian crisisL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Syrian civil war began in 2011 after wide-spread protests were met with violence from the government, and since then both Russia and the U.S. have gotten involved in the conflict. Strategic narratives regarding the conflict and the involved nation’s actions and motives have been told, constructed to benefit the interests of these states. LÄS MER
5. The Fading of the Rainbow Nation? : A Study about Democratic Consolidation in Post-Apartheid South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses the level of democratic consolidation in South Africa. The study aimed to provide a deeper understanding of the current political situation and the general state of democracy. LÄS MER