Sökning: "national identity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 672 uppsatser innehållade orden national identity.
1. Why Libya, but not Syria or Venezuela? : A case study regarding Russia's inconsistent reaction to The Responsibility to Protect doctrineMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : By agreeing to The Responsibility to Protect doctrine (R2P) at the United Nations World Summit in 2005, and later adopting a resolution reaffirming the support, the Russian federation accepted a responsibility of the international community to protect populations of other states, if the state itself manifestly fails to protect its own populations. However, Russia has acted in an inconsistent way by exercising its commitment to the R2P principle occasionally. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines how swedish national identity is constructed in the media debate inSwedish press regarding a danish economical and political plan called ”ghettopakke” that was adopted in Denmark in 2018. In addition this thesis aims to analyse how these constructionsrelates to power, how the ”ghettopakke” is defined in the articles and how the debate has changed over time. LÄS MER
3. EXKLUDERANDE INKLUDERING OCH DET MAKTLÖSA MELLANFÖRSKAPET - En kritisk textanalys av styrdokument för integrationsinsatser i fyra svenska kommunerKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This essay examines the sensemaking around integration and identity constructions in policy documents for integration in Sweden. The theoretical framework consists of postcolonial theory as well as theory of national identity and community. LÄS MER
4. Aligning Fortress Europe with the Rainbow? The Securitization of Migration and LGBTI Asylum Seekers in the European Union.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The increase of migration into the European Union, which peaked during the 2015humanitarian crisis of refugees, has raised concerns about security within nationalist politicaldiscourse across the EU. European right-wing populist discourse revolves around a perceivedthreat to national and European culture and identity, pushing adamantly for restrictions inmigration policy, and black-marking asylum seekers as hostile actors. LÄS MER
5. Gendering national identity: a poststructural analysis of the Trump administration and foreign trade policyKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This paper takes its onset in an ongoing trade war between the United States (U.S.) andChina. As current president of the U. LÄS MER