Sökning: "news articles"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1281 uppsatser innehållade orden news articles.
1. Topics and Attitudes in COVID-19 Online News Comments about Italy and Sweden. Appraisal Framework applied to Corpus-Assisted Discourse AnalysisMaster-uppsats, Institutionen för tillämpad informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : This study conducts a mixed-methods, comparative study of online news comments. The subject of the articles were the two countries of Sweden and Italy during the COVID-19 pandemic. LÄS MER
2. ”Good refugees and bad refugees” A qualitative study on the approaches of the Polish authorities toward different refugee groupsKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study aims to investigate how the approaches of the Polish authorities differed towards the Ukrainian refugees in 2022 compared to the refugees in 2015. The purpose of the study is also to distinguish the factors that led to different treatment of the refugees. LÄS MER
3. Famine declarations in conflict situations: A critical examination of the process of famine declaration in situations of conflict induced famine and starvationKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on providing a critical examination of the current process of famine declaration in situations of conflict induced famine, with special consideration of political influences towards the process. The research methodology consists of two case studies, one from the Tigray-war, Ethiopia (2020-2022), and one from South Sudan from the start of the civil war in 2013 up until today. LÄS MER
4. Exploring the British newspapers´ representation of Private Security Companies in detention centres in the UK Ayla Arslan Waltersson Global Studies, University of Gothenburg Examensarbete för kandidatexamen i Globala studier Bachelor thesis in Global Studies, GS1511 Spring term 2023 Supervisor: Aly Verjee Word countKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the prominent narratives on Private Security Companies (PSCs) in British news articles surrounding privatised detention centres for immigrants and asylum seekers. PSCs have become increasingly significant in migration-related activities, not least in neoliberal states such as the UK. LÄS MER
5. Nutshell Paragraphs, Fact-Base or Propaganda: How Do Nutshell paragraphs in five news media reflect an international crisis?Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : Abstract Thesis: 15 hp Program and/or course: Master’s program in Investigative Journalism (MIJ), Master´s thesis in Investigative Journalism, JU2603 Level: Second Cycle Semester/year: St/2023 Supervisor: Mathias Färdigh Examiner: Annika Bergström Keyword: The nut graph, the nutshell paragraph, the nut graf, fact, propaganda, agenda setting, comparative analysis, content analysis, international crisis, the Libyan crisis, NATO, journalism, journalist, editor, editorial manipulation, newspaper, TV, media, news media, Swedish news media, print news media, news writing, audience, Global Times, Dagens Nyheter, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, the Guardian, the New York Times. Purpose: The aim of the study is to conduct a comparative analysis of the contents of nut graphs written by five print news media outlets: Dagens Nyheter, Global Times, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, The Guardian, and The New York Times, regarding the Libyan crisis, in order to examine whether they set media agendas through the nut graph. LÄS MER