Sökning: "organic agriculture"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 228 uppsatser innehållade orden organic agriculture.
1. Riparian buffer zones in agricultural landscapes : Their status today and their future as an ecological tool in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : The application of intensive farming and cultivation practices, resulting in large-scale modification of the hydrology of streams and rivers and of the natural vegetation, has increased the need to find ways to mitigate the negative impact of this habitat degradation. Suitable design and creation of riparian buffer zones in agriculture areas, is by many considered the best remedial measure. LÄS MER
2. Nutrients and biota in a lake system before and after restoration; a data analysis of the Swedish eutrophication case study VäxjösjönMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Eutrophication has proven to be a fundamental ecological problem for lakes and other bodies of water all around the world. The process of eutrophication can be defined as a lake containing increasing concentrations of nutrients from external and/or internal input over time. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : The current food production system based on a globalized network of economic efficiency and productivity relies on resource intensive production methods that are often environmentally destructive and unsustainable. Therefore, a growing body of research seeks to understand how different alternative food networks (AFNs) are potentially shaping new approaches to agriculture and our relationship to food in order to combat the current environmental crisis. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Nitrogen is a fundamental element in all forms of life and a crucial component of our agricultural productivity and global food security. However, excess nitrogen caused by human activity poses a serious threat to the environment and human health. LÄS MER
5. The nutrient-color paradigm : A test based on a comperative analysis of lakes in four ecoregions in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : The nutrient-color paradigm explains lake productivity as a function of the concentrations of nutrients and colored dissolved organic matter (CDOM) in the water column. Specifically, the paradigm predicts that primary production decreases with increasing concentrations of CDOM due to reduced light penetration, and increases with nitrogen or phosphorus concentration because these are typically the growth limiting elements for phytoplankton. LÄS MER