Sökning: "organic matter"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 350 uppsatser innehållade orden organic matter.
1. Lakes are browner in the south than in the north of Sweden despite similar levels of dissolved ironMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för ekonomi, teknik och naturvetenskap
Sammanfattning : During recent decades many lakes have become browner in the northern hemisphere and more specific in Sweden. This process is called brownification. Brownification of lakes makes it more difficult to clean water to drinking water and may have negative ecological effects on biota. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Arctic ecosystems are amongst the most vulnerable on Earth to ongoing climate change. While the responses to these changes are well studied on land, less is known about how aquatic communities may respond to a warmer arctic. LÄS MER
3. The content, chemical state and accumulation of vanadium in a drill core of Alum shale from KinnekulleKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kemiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Exploitation of alum shale is a controversial subject in Sweden due to the history of pollution of the environment and groundwater, from past mining industries. The extraction of vanadium from alum shale is no different. Nevertheless the metal is a valuable resource used in tools, building, industries and aerospace materials. LÄS MER
4. Adsorption of micropollutants in wastewater using pulverized activate carbon - The influence of organic matter content and characteristicsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Wastewater is one of the biggest emission sources of organic micropollutants to the aquatic environment. Due to the negative effects of micropollutants on the receiving waters, advanced treatment steps are needed to reduce these emissions. Activated carbon is one promising approach. LÄS MER
5. A geoarchaeological study on two Norwegian boat graves : Soil analysis and an attempt of forensic work strategy and thinking in the interpretation of the resultsMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för idé- och samhällsstudier
Sammanfattning : The following paper is the final thesis of two years long experimental work conducted on two different collections of soil samples coming from two different Norwegian archaeological sites. In particular, the first collection of soil samples comes from an identified boat grave from the Viking Age (eg Sykehus area Kristiansand County, Vest-Agder). LÄS MER