Sökning: "peace and conflict studies"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 72 uppsatser innehållade orden peace and conflict studies.
1. Survivors of Terrorism - A Study on How Survivors of the Terrorist Attacks Perceive their AttackersKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The growing number of victims as the result of increased terrorism has caused a real concern. Because many of the victims ends into mental disorders, the scholarships in this regard has increased. However, it is rare to find scholarships focusing on the attitudes held by the victims produced in line with the sufferings caused by terrorism. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Honor ideology and militarized masculinities have recently gained more attention within the research field of peace and conflict studies. It has been found that attitudes related to honor and gender equality are associated to the use of violence on both an individual level and on state level. LÄS MER
3. Fiat iustitia, pereat mundus : The International Criminal Tribunals and the Application of the Concept of GenocideMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Hugo Valentin-centrum
Sammanfattning : The concept of genocide is probably the most debated subject in Holocaust and genocide studies. The political implications to its usage, or resistance to do so, have also been lengthily discussed. LÄS MER
4. The memorialization of conflict in the digital age: A Narrative Study on human rights workers’ perceptions and experiences of digital memory in TurkeyKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Historically, Turkey has always struggled with a deeply divided and conflicted society, in which various political actors but also civil society actors have sought for truth and justice. Against the background of past human rights violations in Turkey and the digital development, human rights workers are confronted with new opportunities and mediums of tools but also with the digital sphere full of risks in their advocacy for human rights. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för mediestudier
Sammanfattning : Research has shown that news media reporting on foreign affairs tend to rely heavily on official sources (e.g. Schwalbe, 2013; Entman, 2004; Lawrence, 2009). This thesis analyse whether this is the case in Swedish news media reporting on the armed conflict in Mali, where Sweden has troops sanctioned by the UN. LÄS MER