Sökning: "peacekeeping operations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 55 uppsatser innehållade orden peacekeeping operations.
1. DOES WOMEN'S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT IMPROVE GENDER BALANCE IN PEACEKEEPING? A Large N Study of Troop Contributing CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although the United Nations has officially recognized an importance of women’s participation in peacekeeping, the number of female personnel remains low; thus, scholars have been investigating the factors that may facilitate a broader inclusion of women in peacekeeping operations. In order to contribute to the existing literature on the topic, this study examines whether one specific factor, a country’s level of women’s political empowerment, has an impact on the level of gender balance in its peacekeeping troops. LÄS MER
2. The United Nations Does (Not) Wage War : The Role of Hostility and Commitment in UN Peace Enforcement MissionsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : While there exists a considerable body of literature on the development of UN peace operations: from traditional peacekeeping operations to today’s robust enforcement missions; scrutinizing their efficiency and the challenges they face – little attention has been paid to why various levels of military action are used by a mission. This study addresses this research gap by comparing three UN enforcement operations: MONUSCO in the Democratic Republic of Congo, UNMISS in South Sudan, and MINUSMA in Mali. LÄS MER
3. Whistleblower Protection as a Potential Piece of the Puzzle to End Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in UN Peacekeeping OperationsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : In 2014, Anders Kompass, a Swedish national working for the UN in Geneva, received a report of French peacekeepers exploiting and raping children in the Central African Republic (CAR). When Kompass handed over the report to France, in an attempt to stop the abuse, he was treated as a whistleblower and faced retaliation from the UN. LÄS MER
4. 'Nobody wants to get into the jungle' : Explaining strategy based on restrained offensive operations and peacekeeping effectiveness.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : No study has so far documented the characteristics of a military strategy based on offensive operations and whether they influence the security situation in the areas in which they are launched. Yet, it seems extremely important to study because there is a growing trend in Peacekeeping Operations of becoming more robust in the use of force by applying this kind of military strategy. LÄS MER
5. Strävan efter världsmakt via främjandet av internationell fred : En fallstudie av Kinas agerande på den internationella arenanKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this paper was to examine if UN (United Nations) peacekeeping operations an be used as a tool to promote great powers own interests and enable power maximization for states in the international system. In other words, if great powers really cooperate with each other to promote peace or if they only seek to maximize their own power position. LÄS MER