Sökning: "platform capitalism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden platform capitalism.
1. FACEBOOK IS NOW META. Meta's corporate sociotechnical imaginary and the discursive construction of the Metaverse as the social platform of the futureMaster-uppsats, Institutionen för tillämpad informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : The interpretive discourse-analytic framework of the Sociology of Knowledge Approach to Discourse is used to analyze how Meta's senior executives discursively frame the use of augmented reality and virtual reality in order to position the Metaverse as the next social platform during Connect 2021. The findings suggest five interpretive schemas that characterize the Metaverse as a social platform of the future: (a) the Metaverse as the next version of the Internet; (b) the Metaverse as a facilitator of presence and a connector of people; (c) the Metaverse as a marketplace in the Metaverse economy; (d) the Metaverse as a ubiquitous place in our daily lives; and (e) the Metaverse as a space designed in a responsible manner. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kommunikation och medier
Sammanfattning : For many young people across societies, precarity is the condition of life that they have to confront in their path to adulthood. As this condition is further intertwined with the rise of the digital age, attempts have been made by youth and media scholars to theorize and investigate the role that digital media plays within this socioeconomic conditions. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för modevetenskap
Sammanfattning : In today’s society fast fashion has taken over the consumers and prices on clothes are so low that the clothes have lost their value due to their disposability. People are consuming more than they need and also throwing away clothes that they no longer need but are still fully functional. In short, we need to change our consumer habits. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för datavetenskap
Sammanfattning : In today’s world music streaming is the most dominant form of music consumption. Introducing platform capitalism to music streaming has changed the music commodity and its effects serve as a motivation for this thesis. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/ Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In recent years a new emergent form of collective action – the social strike – has been discussed in social movement networks. So far, the concept of social strike has only surfaced briefly in previous research and this article aims to deepen the understanding of the concept and why it is emerging in our historical moment. LÄS MER