Sökning: "political opposition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 271 uppsatser innehållade orden political opposition.
1. An arena for effective opposition? : A systematic investigation into political opposition in the European ParliamentMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union is suffering from a legitimacy crisis, which thus far has culminated with Great Britain’s decision to exit the union. According to the ‘opposition deficit thesis’, this is caused as there is no arena in which effective opposition can be voiced in the European Union, which forces EU citizens to organise their opposition outside the political system, and often against it. LÄS MER
2. En kvantitativ jämförande studie av samband mellan partisystem, socialt kapital och demokratisering i Afrika söder om SaharaKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Most Sub-Saharan African countries are not yet considered democracies, but it is worth noting that almost all of them are fighting for democracy, and some countries have successfully crossed the threshold of democracy. However, the pace of democratization across the African region is uneven. LÄS MER
3. Övergivandet av utanförskapför gränsöverskridandesamarbete : En tidningsanalys av dagstidningars reaktionerunder EU-debatten från 1970-talet till medlemskapKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : Mass media is of great importance for the public conversation as it makes it possible to spread information to the citizens of the nation. In order to influence citizens perceptions of the world, it is of great value for journalists to discuss particular subjects in newspapers. LÄS MER
4. Misslyckandet av frihandelsavtalet TTIP : Varför misslyckades förhandlingarna om frihandelsavtalet TTIP mellan EU och USA?Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för samhälls- och kulturvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : The Transatlantic Trade Investment Partnership (TTIP) was a large trade deal that was negotiated between EU and the US under the years of 2013 and 2019. The negotiations for TTIP started with big expectations for both actors but ended without any succeeded agreement. LÄS MER
5. Counting votes or counting bodies? : A qualitative study on the effect Regime Type has on the nature of Pre-election Violence in autocratic statesKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : In a quantitative study in 2007, Davenport found that autocratic military regimes statistically face a higher risk of electoral violence than authoritarian party-backed regimes. This thesis has attempted to link Davenports findings with theories on military belligerence presented by Lai and Slater (2006) as well as Geddes et al. LÄS MER