Sökning: "poor countries"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 373 uppsatser innehållade orden poor countries.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Throughout the past 15-20 years, poor countries have been implementing so-called Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSPs) under the guidance of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. Despite their enormous importance for national development efforts around the globe, the aggregate performance of PRSPs remains understudied. LÄS MER
2. Climate Change, Making Poor People Poorer? An assessment of climatic shocks on household income in Bangladesh.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : MSc in Economics.... LÄS MER
3. Do international remittances contribute to achieving the first Sustainable Development Goal (SDG1) in development economies? Empirical evidence from Pooled Mean Group (PMG) estimator.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : Eradicating extreme poverty is a fundamental objective and concern for every economy in today’s modernization epoch. Developed countries channel significant amount of financial support annually to poor economies with the core intention of improving their welfare and standard of living. LÄS MER
4. MOBILE MONEY AS A FINANCIAL INCLUSION TOOL FOR POVERTY REDUCTION A cross-country analysis of low- and middle-income countriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to examine if mobile money can act as a financial inclusion tool to reduce poverty levels in low- and middle-income countries. In contrast to the majority of the literature within its research field, this thesis observes the relationship on an aggregate cross-country level instead of using data on an individual or household level, in order to fully examine the impacts on national poverty levels. LÄS MER
5. Are the differences in the stringency of domestic environmental regulations affecting the bilateral trade of OECD countries?D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The question of whether the stringency of domestic environmental regulations indeed interferes with trade is of growing interest for better policymaking. This paper re-examines the relationship between the stringency of environmental regulations and bilateral trade using a panel dataset consisting of 34 OECD countries over 7 years. LÄS MER