Sökning: "post-Soviet Ukraine"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 uppsatser innehållade orden post-Soviet Ukraine.
1. The Other Within Us – A Narrative Analysis of Self- and Other-Identification on Social Media by Actors Involved in the Conflict in Eastern UkraineMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : This study examines narratives of Self- and Other-identification in social media content of actors, directly and indirectly involved in the conflict in eastern Ukraine. The aim is to shed light on how social media can be instrumentalised as a means of constructing Self and Other in the context of ongoing conflict. LÄS MER
2. “Like in Europe”: Promotional Discourses of the Stipend Reduction and Justification of the Neoliberal Transformations in UkraineMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Social Studies of Gender
Sammanfattning : This research explores the promotional discourses the neoliberal experts and politicians use to legitimise the stipend shortages to the students, whose interests this policy contradicts. The thesis argues that the proponents of the reform established the dialogue with the opposition in order to avoid the large-scale protests against the policy. LÄS MER
3. Russia's exercise of power : A comparative case study of Russia's use of command power, soft power and smart power in Georgia and UkraineKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Despite a vast research of Russia’s means of power, including its military interventions in Georgia and Ukraine, no comprehensive comparison of Russia’s exercise of power in Georgia and Ukraine has been accomplished, even though they are the most prominent cases of post-Soviet states that have been subjects for Russian military aggression. This study compares the forms of power Russia has been using to implement its foreign policy objectives in Ukraine and Georgia, in order to identify Russia’s power-related behavior and strategies, through an abductive qualitative approach with a comparative method. LÄS MER
4. Listening to Digital Media: Analysis of Music Consumption Pattern on the Example of Russian Social Networking Site VKontakte : A user-focused research based on in-depth interviewsMaster-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för kultur och lärande
Sammanfattning : The present paper represents an overview of the most popular Russian social networking site VKontakte and its role in the formation of modern music consumption pattern in post-Soviet countries. Until spring 2017, it was known as the biggest platform for free music consumption in the region. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to describe and explain the Russian use of cyberattacks in the Ukrainian conflict. Two major cyber events, BlackEnergy in 2015 and NotPetya in 2017, are analysed by the theoretical framework of coercive diplomacy developed by Daniel Byman and Matthew Waxman, as well as the theory of cyber coercion made by Daniel R. LÄS MER