Sökning: "post-materialist values"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden post-materialist values.
1. Political Climate : How Environmental Attitudes relates to Support for Radical Right-wing Parties in the Nordic CountriesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Nordic countries are geographically, culturally and politically close, and have all witnessed an upsurge in support for radical right-wing parties over the past decades. Although the five parties: the Danish People’s Party, the Finns Party, the Icelandic Progressive Party, the Norwegian Progress Party, and the Sweden Democrats, are different when it comes to party history and how accepted they have been by other parties, they are today similar in their anti-immigration rhetoric, their critique of the established elites and to some extent their welfare chauvinism. LÄS MER
2. INFLUENCE OF VALUES ON ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE IN DEVELOPED ECONOMIES How influential are values on environmental performance in countries with higher economic development?Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Environmental problems have become a more and more important topic in the political science research. In order to stop exploiting natural resources and worsening living conditions, an answer to what is needed for improving environmental performance needs to be found. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : According to Ronald Inglehart, level of individual’s environmental concern is linked with grade of post-materialism resulting from physical and economic security experienced. As post-materialist individuals are considered to prioritize environmental protection over economic benefit, this study raises a question whether this change in values can provide a long-lasting solution for environmental challenges human kind is facing in the near future? This study uses quantitative research method to investigate whether variation in carbon emissions between the member states of European Union can be explained by the level of post-materialism among the public. LÄS MER
4. TRUST, VALUES AND QUALITY OF GOVERNMENT A multilevel cross-country investigation of public support for environmental taxesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Environmental taxes are argued to be the key to more effective environmental protection indeveloping countries. This paper investigates whether such taxes have the necessary publicsupport to be successfully implemented in different contexts, including countries outside the Western and European spheres. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This is a comparative case study research on the development of the postmaterial values in two European countries, Poland and Ukraine. The study is done with the basis in a sociological theory developed in the 1970s by an American scientist, Ronald Inglehart. LÄS MER