Sökning: "postcolonial feminist theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 54 uppsatser innehållade orden postcolonial feminist theory.
1. Pro-life, Positioning and Imperialism - A Critical Discourse Analysis of U.S. Foreign Aid Statements on Abortion and Reproductive HealthMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : This thesis uses Critical Discourse Analysis to explore how the practice of abortion is defined and created in U.S. presidential administrations’ statements on foreign aid, how the discourses regarding abortion and reproductive health have changed between 1984-2019 and how the U.S. LÄS MER
2. In Danger or Dangerous? : A discourse analysis of representations of Swedish women and children affiliated with ISIS after the breakdown of the 'caliphate'Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : After the fall of ISIS ‘caliphate’, Sweden and other European countries are struggling with how to handle the group of people who left Europe to join the terrorist organisation and now seek to return. In traditional narratives of gender and war, women and children are commonly perceived as innocent victims in need of protection. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Social Studies of Gender; Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on the Swedish Sex Purchase Act and their claims of help and support to prostitutes, as outlined by two propositions: Kvinnofrid (proposition 1997/98:55) and in the 10-year evaluation of the Act (SOU 2010:49). It investigates these claims through an ethnography of law method and data collected from fieldwork is interpreted and reflected through the conceptual framework of postcolonial feminist legal theory and intersectionality. LÄS MER
4. Hur görs jämställdhet i Sverige? : En analys av den svenska jämställdhetspolitiken mellan 2014 och 2019 utifrån ett postkolonialt feministiskt perspektivMaster-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för samhälls- och kulturvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : The starting point of this thesis is that gender equality should be studied as an empirical field. After the Swedish general election in 2014 the newly formed government proclaimed itself to be the world’s first feminist government. LÄS MER
5. “Equality, Development and Peace for All Women Everywhere”? : An Analysis of Sexual Violence Against Women and Concurring International Conventions Concerned with Protecting the Rights of WomenMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Violence against women continues to be an issue that severely impacts women worldwide. Since the global spread of the #MeToo movement in 2017, debates regarding this issue significantly increased. Yet the precise ways in which women are impacted by violence, heavily influenced by their unique and diverse aspects of identity, are often disregarded. LÄS MER