Sökning: "postcolonial theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 268 uppsatser innehållade orden postcolonial theory.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This essay has it’s outset in the painting Indigenous love by Anders Sunna, to further investigate how the postcolonial structures are expressed and in which way power and resistance manifests in the artwork. It also examines how the artistic expression takes form and what kinds of themes that are expressed in Sunnas artwork. LÄS MER
2. From global North to global South : A qualitative study about Swedish social work students' international field training in South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete (SA); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete (SA)
Sammanfattning : In light of globalization, international social work from global North to global South is accelerating and the emphasis from Swedish universities on international experience among students has increased. Various scholars problematize the domination of the global North as theories and practice have historically been unquestionably transformed from so-called developed to developing countries. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : While development cooperation largely consists of policy advice, the suggestions and inputs on development that policymakers in the Global South receive from donors and other international actors, little research exists on what makes policy advice useful to these policymakers. The aim of this study was to find out why policymakers in the Global South find some advice useful and some not. LÄS MER
4. Rasifierade klimatmigranter och politiska subjekt: Subjektspositioner, betydelseskapande och diskursivt motståndKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate-induced migration has received an increased amount of attention as an area of research. Earlier studies identify ideal typical discourses of climate-induced migration, in which climates migrants have been positioned as a ‘threat’, as ‘passive victims’ and most recently as ‘adaptable agent’. LÄS MER
5. Shopping for an I : Consumer identities in The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison and The Hate U Give by Angie ThomasMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates to role consumerism plays when young, black, underclass characters try to build their identities in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye (1970) and Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give (2017). Through implementing intersectional analysis and postcolonial theory this essay discusses how social positions are read and understood in a mass culture that heavily favours the visual. LÄS MER