Sökning: "postcolonial theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 261 uppsatser innehållade orden postcolonial theory.
1. From global North to global South : A qualitative study about Swedish social work students' international field training in South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete (SA); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete (SA)
Sammanfattning : In light of globalization, international social work from global North to global South is accelerating and the emphasis from Swedish universities on international experience among students has increased. Various scholars problematize the domination of the global North as theories and practice have historically been unquestionably transformed from so-called developed to developing countries. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : While development cooperation largely consists of policy advice, the suggestions and inputs on development that policymakers in the Global South receive from donors and other international actors, little research exists on what makes policy advice useful to these policymakers. The aim of this study was to find out why policymakers in the Global South find some advice useful and some not. LÄS MER
3. Shopping for an I : Consumer identities in The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison and The Hate U Give by Angie ThomasMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates to role consumerism plays when young, black, underclass characters try to build their identities in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye (1970) and Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give (2017). Through implementing intersectional analysis and postcolonial theory this essay discusses how social positions are read and understood in a mass culture that heavily favours the visual. LÄS MER
4. Martha's Unhomely Quest for the Homely : A Postcolonial Reading of the Protagonist Martha in Doris Lessing's Martha QuestKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : The protagonist Martha in Doris Lessing’s Martha Quest is born to white British settler parents and grows up in a British colony in southern Africa in the 1930s. Although officially the coloniser rather than the colonised, Martha tries to reject this role mentally, verbally, and physically. LÄS MER
5. Hjälten från väst? -En kvalitativ diskursanalys om hur volontären och mottagaren av arbetet framställs på svenska kommersiella volontärresebyråers hemsidorKandidat-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The phenomenon of social work combined with traveling have become known for “voluntourism” and is a common way to travel today. This study investigates the external communication of the commercial volunteer abroad organizations that are offering projects that take place in the African continent. LÄS MER