Sökning: "poverty headcount"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden poverty headcount.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : Most of the developing countries have experienced impressive economic growth over two decades since 1990 with more than 50 percent poverty reduction whilst most of the Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries are facing the challenge of little poverty reduction over this period, in which poverty on average has been reduced by 30 percent. Tanzania as part of SSA is facing the same, with poverty having declined by 31. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Informal institutions are believed to be especially determinant in institutional change, as argued by both old and new institutional economic theory. However, due to the complexity of quantifying them, they are rarely measured. In this study, I examine how well one can capture informal institutions by using Google Trends. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper assesses the effectiveness of foreign aid in reducing poverty and increasing HDI by analysing three different types of aid; bilateral, multilateral and NGO aid. While there have been several papers that have studied the differences between bilateral and multilateral aid and their effectiveness, such studies have not included NGO aid. LÄS MER
4. What is the cost of ending extreme poverty? : A study estimating the amount of official development assistance per capita and year required to eradicate extreme poverty for all people in Nigeria by 2030Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to estimate how much Official Development Assistance (ODA) per capita and year is required to eradicate extreme poverty for all people in Nigeria by 2030 and hence achieve the first target of the first Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 1) in Nigeria. This is done with a method proposed by Kakwani and Son (2006) estimating headcount ratio, required growth rates, investment rates and ODA in order to achieve the first target of SDG 1. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Better access to finance and higher education levels in a country are two major policy areas of governments and international development cooperation organisations for the goal of reducing poverty. Microfinance has become a popular instrument to facilitate access to finance, but comparative evidence on a macro scale is scarce. LÄS MER