Sökning: "power relations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1334 uppsatser innehållade orden power relations.
1. Looking into the black box: The roles of development workers in enhancing climate resilience and gender equality for ethnic minority women through the EmPower project in VietnamMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The climate change-gender nexus has increasingly become the arena in which adaptation interventions take place. One such intervention is the EmPower program in the Asia-Pacific region by UN Women and UNEP. This research is a case study on how one program component on women’s renewable energy entrepreneurship is implemented in Vietnam. LÄS MER
2. People help the people: A critical discourse analysis of NGO activism against water privatisation in El SalvadorKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns itself with the current state of water activism in El Salvador. For 20 years the topic has been a point of conflict for the nation, with both wins and losses for the water activists. The previous academic research into this consists of ethnographic studies. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Under the leadership of Xi Jinping China has become even more engaged with the world. Some examples of the increased engagement are China’s initiating of the Belt and Road Initiative and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, as well as the joining of the International Monetary Fund and the engagement in international peacekeeping operations. LÄS MER
4. WOMEN’S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT FROM THE INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANCE PERSPECTIVE. A Quantitative Large-N Study of ODA Recipient CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Promoting gender equality and closing the persisting gender gap is critical for achieving wide-ranging global objectives and sustainable development for all. One of the key domains in achieving gender equality is women’s political empowerment, which shows the least and slowest progress among all domains, even within the European Union. LÄS MER
5. IDENTITY & TECHNO-UTOPIANISM.A Critical Discourse Analysis of Marketing Material and their Sociotechnical ImaginariesMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : This research paper sets out to investigate the messaging present in a corpus of textsgathered from Acxiom’s, an American data-analysis and ‘Identity Solutions’-company,website. The paper applies a framework of Critical Discourse Analysis informed by Theo vanLeeuwen’s theory of ‘legitimations’ and analyses the findings through the theoreticalframework of ‘Sociotechnical Imaginaries’. LÄS MER