Sökning: "presidential election"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 49 uppsatser innehållade orden presidential election.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Over and over again, vote intention polls have been reported to fail their forecasts of votes such as the UK “Brexit” referendum and the US presidential election of 2016. The trustworthiness of opinion polls are called into question and this thesis aims to provide detailed knowledge of some of the circumstances that lead to inaccurate measurements of voting intention. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Teknik och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Trovärdighet – en allt viktigare del att upprätthålla för journalister då falska nyheter blir vanligare. På senare tid har begreppet fake news används frekvent, speciellt i nyheter angående amerikanska presidentvalet 2017. Det blir således intressant att undersöka hur journalister arbetar för trovärdighet och hur läsare upplever den. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : Uncertainty Information Hypothesis and Efficient Market Hypothesis suggest that asset prices will react to the uncertain US presidential election outcomes, in terms of both overall market level and individual companies/industries. This paper uses the event study framework to test such effect and finds mixed results. LÄS MER
4. The Interactions among the U.S. Stock Market, Political Prediction Market, and the 2016 Presidential ElectionD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine the influence of the 2016 general election on performance of the U.S. stock market. The thesis looks at the presidential election from two aspects: first, whether the wisdom of the crowds illustrated in prediction market can be taken as a reliable tool to predict the stock market performance. LÄS MER
5. Gender Stereotypes in Online News Headlines: A Critical Discourse Analysis of Online News Headlines Around the Case of Ksenia SobchakMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a critical analysis of the discourses used in online news headlines to report two events that took place during 2018 Russian Presidential debates (on February 14, 2018 and March 14, 2018) and focused on Ksenia Sobchak, the only female presidential candidate of the 2018 election. By analyzing 52 headlines published in Russia’s most popular and most read online news outlets, the purpose of this study is to investigate whether there are any gender stereotypes used by the journalists to create a particular representation of Sobchak, and to understand if, through this representation, a particular ideology is put forward. LÄS MER