Sökning: "public diplomacy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 56 uppsatser innehållade orden public diplomacy.
1. Strategic narratives and public diplomacy in the Russian news media portrayal of Sweden: case of Russia TodayMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : With the changes in the means and the scope of global communication, images and stories, promoted by political elites are gaining real influence not only on hearts and minds but also on the policy-making in the international setting. In the twenty-first century, the concern of “whose story wins” has started to dominate the field of public diplomacy. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : Since his return to office in 2012, Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzō has been widely recognised as pursuing a more proactive foreign and security policy than previous prime ministers. This thesis examines the maritime policies of Prime Minister Abe applicable to the South East Asia region as an example of his changed approach to foreign and security policies. LÄS MER
3. The Impact of Audiences in Public Diplomacy on Japan Nation Brand: A case study on Japan Nation Brand and the way both Japanese embassies in Saudi Arabia and US promote different images to their audiences through their twitter accountsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis was to find out how different actors in nation branding, the Japanese embassies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and in US under this research, could promote different nation brand images. These two embassies both practice public diplomacy and promote Japan’s image. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although cultural policy and cultural diplomacy are just some of various forms soft power, there is a lack of research between the EU and Morocco despite an increased interest from the EU in various Southern Mediterranean countries. There is a general research gap in the academic world regarding the evaluation the EU’s external cultural policy in Morocco, which this research paper seeks to contribute to fill in the soft power and global context. LÄS MER
5. Tokyo 2020: Taking the Gold in Sustainability? Soft Power and the theory of Ecological ModernizationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : Drawing on Nye’s concept of soft power, this thesis discusses the strategic adoption of a rhetoric of Ecological Modernization as a discursive tool of public diplomacy. It makes use of the upcoming 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games as a case study. LÄS MER