Sökning: "public diplomacy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 54 uppsatser innehållade orden public diplomacy.
1. Strategic narratives and public diplomacy in the Russian news media portrayal of Sweden: case of Russia TodayMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : With the changes in the means and the scope of global communication, images and stories, promoted by political elites are gaining real influence not only on hearts and minds but also on the policy-making in the international setting. In the twenty-first century, the concern of “whose story wins” has started to dominate the field of public diplomacy. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : Since his return to office in 2012, Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzō has been widely recognised as pursuing a more proactive foreign and security policy than previous prime ministers. This thesis examines the maritime policies of Prime Minister Abe applicable to the South East Asia region as an example of his changed approach to foreign and security policies. LÄS MER
3. Tokyo 2020: Taking the Gold in Sustainability? Soft Power and the theory of Ecological ModernizationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : Drawing on Nye’s concept of soft power, this thesis discusses the strategic adoption of a rhetoric of Ecological Modernization as a discursive tool of public diplomacy. It makes use of the upcoming 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games as a case study. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Swedish state has participated as an elected member of the United Nations Security Council three times and is entering their fourth. The UNSC is an old institution that is not equal to what powers the states within it has. LÄS MER
5. Depoliticizing feminism? The transformation of an ideology-charged concept in a nation branding contextMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för strategisk kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Although feminism is an ideologically-charged concept that allows for various interpretations, Sweden employs a feminist foreign policy with the aim of gender equality. Sweden also seizes the value of feminism in its nation branding efforts. This study problematizes Sweden’s use of feminism as nation branding concept. LÄS MER