Sökning: "public policy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1396 uppsatser innehållade orden public policy.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate whether climate change affects women’s health in Belize, and if so, how. Belize, being a low-lying coastline country is prone to suffer from repercussions of climate change. The data was collected by conducting four focus group discussions with female participants in four rural villages in Belize. LÄS MER
2. Industry Classification and The Relationship between Profitability and Competition: A Study of The US Manufacturing IndustryKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This paper examines how the relationship between profitability and competition changes with narrowing industry classification—and what implications that carries for policy makers and future antitrust laws. The sample is comprised of panel data for 1178 US manufacturing firms between 2002 and 2012, covering approximately 26% of the total market capitalization and 19% of all public businesses in the US for 2012. LÄS MER
3. Aligning Fortress Europe with the Rainbow? The Securitization of Migration and LGBTI Asylum Seekers in the European Union.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The increase of migration into the European Union, which peaked during the 2015humanitarian crisis of refugees, has raised concerns about security within nationalist politicaldiscourse across the EU. European right-wing populist discourse revolves around a perceivedthreat to national and European culture and identity, pushing adamantly for restrictions inmigration policy, and black-marking asylum seekers as hostile actors. LÄS MER
4. Strategic narratives and public diplomacy in the Russian news media portrayal of Sweden: case of Russia TodayMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : With the changes in the means and the scope of global communication, images and stories, promoted by political elites are gaining real influence not only on hearts and minds but also on the policy-making in the international setting. In the twenty-first century, the concern of “whose story wins” has started to dominate the field of public diplomacy. LÄS MER
5. CUE OR NO C(L)UE? How parties shape climate opinion formation using experimental insights from USA and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : As a central actor in shaping domestic climate policies, political parties play a vital role inbuilding public support for policies aimed at mitigating climate change. However, previousresearch has neglected the role of political parties for individual climate opinion formation. LÄS MER