Sökning: "race and class"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 113 uppsatser innehållade orden race and class.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för etnologi
Sammanfattning : The following paper aims to examine and discuss the gig-economy and the workers that I call “giggare” from a cultural analysis-perspective. In this essay I hope to answer these three questions: In what way does labour operate in a material and technological aspect? How does flexibility shape the work and the worker? And how is the body of the worker visible in the labour? The study is based on the ethnographic material I collected during my fieldwork in Skåne in October of 2019. LÄS MER
2. Maskulinitet, ras och identitet i J. Coles studioalbum 4 Your Eyez Only : Nutidshistoria, kollektivt minne och intersektionalitet i samtida hiphopmusikMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : This study examines intersectionality and identity in rapper Jermaine Lamarr Cole’s studio album 4 Your Eyez Only. Through discourse analysis, the essay studies the representation of aspects of identity in the album, with a focus on gender, race, class and sexuality. LÄS MER
3. Who runs the movement? : a feminist empirical analysis of gender dimensions of the climate movement in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Rooted in the environmental movement, the climate movement in Sweden is on the rise and increasingly gaining support in its fight against climate change and its unequal impacts. If successful, the movement can play an important role in changing society. LÄS MER
4. "A matter of life and death": An intersectional study on black women’s political participation in BrazilMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Latinamerikainstitutet
Sammanfattning : Brazil is in the 132nd position in the ranking for female parliamentary participation according to the Inter-Parliamentary Union’s latest report (2019). Black women are the ones least involved in national politics. In the state of São Paulo 94 state Deputies were elected in 2018, of these only 11 are women and only 3 are black. LÄS MER
5. The Caged Bird’s Free Flight : Analyzing Intersectionality in Maya Angelou’s I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings with the Aim of Empowering Pupils in the EFL Classroom to Speak Out Against Inequality and PrejudiceMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : The aim of this master’s thesis was to study the portrayal of discrimination that occurs because of multiple factors in Maya Angelou’s book I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. The analysis has been conducted through the lens of Critical Race theory as the theory draws on the affiliation between race, racism and power. LÄS MER