Sökning: "resource curse"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 48 uppsatser innehållade orden resource curse.
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to reveal the underlying reason behind the recent Rohingya conflict. This paper argues that, instead of only focusing on the ethnic and religious view of the Rohingya conflict, the geopolitical economic view of the conflict also needs to be addressed sincerely as the conflict has a long history and occurred in different political and economic conditions. LÄS MER
2. The Platinum Boom in Rustenburg and the Bust of the Community : A case study of the Natural Resource Curse in South AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The dependence on natural resources is not a new phenomenon and it has posed issues in undiversified economies. The social impact that the booming of the mining industry has on the local level is still an area in need of investigation. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The relationship between natural resources and economic growth has been widely analyzed in the recent past. This thesis empirically examines the “resource curse hypothesis”, i.e. countries with large natural resource endowments have tended to grow less rapidly than resource-scarce nations. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Resource Curse is a theory which suggests that countries with an abundance of natural resources are prone to experience slower growth than resource scarce countries. Research has suggested that good governance can prevent this negative correlation from emerging. LÄS MER
5. Rebeller och Resurser: Hur tillgången till olika typer av naturresurser påverkar intensiteten av våld mot civila hos rebellgrupper i Sierra Leone och NigeriaL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this essay is to examine whether different types of natural resources, in this case diamonds and oil, have an impact on the intensity of violence of rebel groups and, if so, to what extent. We have made a comparative analysis based on two theories; the resource curse and the rebels’ resource curse. LÄS MER