Sökning: "rights-based development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 uppsatser innehållade orden rights-based development.
1. En policyanalys av Sidas styrdokument angående deras integrering av FN:s ramverk Human Rights Based ApproachMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Human rights became an important part of the development aid sector in 2003, due to the UN framework Human Rights Based Approach, HRBA. It is used across the sector, including within the Swedish state aid agency, Sida. LÄS MER
2. Harmonizing social and ecological sustainability through human rights and weak anthropocentrism : A case study of green urban spaces and education in MalmöMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Social and ecological sustainability are recognized pillars of sustainable development. However, it is not always clear how they are supposed to be achieved jointly. This unclarity can lead to major tradeoffs between social and ecological sustainability which ultimately endangers our prospects for sustainable development. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This dissertation discusses the importance of human rights to the attainment of development. All human rights are indivisible, whether they are civil and political rights, such as the right to life, equality before the law and freedom of expression; economic, social and cultural rights. LÄS MER
4. Autonomous Weapons – the “Kalashnikovs” of Tomorrow? An Analysis of the Meetings of Experts on Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems within the framework of the United Nations' Convention on Certain Conventional WeaponsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : After the invention of gunpowder and the development of nuclear weapons, the world faces a thirdrevolution in warfare: lethal autonomous weapons systems (LAWS). Since 2014, states, scientistsand civil society activist have been discussing the risks of such systems and possibilities to regulatethem within the framework of the United Nations’ Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons(CCW). LÄS MER
5. Human Rights Cities: Local Governance or a Way of Life? - A study of the historical conception of human rights cities and their progressive potential in promoting a more inclusive and participatory human rights paradigm todayMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi; Lunds universitet/Socialhögskolan; Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In a time where political populism and critiques against the international human rights paradigm has resulted in a global backlash against global governance systems, including human rights, the thesis sets out to explore the notion of human rights cities as a prospective mean to confront contemporary social challenges related to social inclusion and participation. The thesis relies on an emerging human rights-oriented sociological framework, emphasising a critical tradition, which view human rights as relevant for the study of welfare policies and management. LÄS MER