Sökning: "riparian zone"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 uppsatser innehållade orden riparian zone.
1. Fjärranalys av kantzoner och död ved i Natura 2000- vattendrag : Hur har det förändrats över tid?Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : The forestry is the main use of forests in Sweden which results in a number of positive aspects but also a number of negative effects on our nature. Aquatic ecosystems are specifically exposed to land use by the forest industry. LÄS MER
2. The relative importance of beavers (Castor fiber) and browsers on the recruitment of broad-leaved trees in riparian areasMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : Managed forest landscapes in Sweden are dominated by boreal coniferous forest and are deficient in broad-leaved trees. Both beavers (Castor fiber) and ungulate browsers prefer broad-leaved trees to conifers, and the interaction between multiple herbivores may have a considerable impact on the recruitment of deciduous trees in riparian areas. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för hälsa, natur- och teknikvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : In the 1850s when the timber floating began in Sweden many streams were channelized, which meant that the streams were straightened out, side channels were closed, and stones, trees and boulders were moved out to the banks of the streams. These measures altered the morphology of the streams, causing impediments to water moving in from the stream to the riparian zone, and reduced flooding frequency. LÄS MER
4. Seed rain and dispersal possibilities between process domains : Comparing seed dispersal abundance between lakes, rapids and slow-flowing reachesKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Process domains are formed by geomorphological process, these geological formation act as water pathways for river systems and affects hydrochory potential for seeds. Hydrochory acts differently depending on fluvial settings and is an important factor for diversity in the riparian zone along streams and lakes. LÄS MER
5. Påverkan på kantzoner i Fylleåns avrinningsområde efter föryngrings-avverkning och återbeskogningKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i biologi
Sammanfattning : Riparian buffer zones have become an established concept in the forestry industry, meant to preserve species richness, stabilize the shoreline, and prevent leakage of nutrients and sediments to forest streams and lakes. It is a common perception in the Swedish Forest Agency in Halland that the handling of buffer zones in the forestry industry is insufficient to protect the freshwater streams and lakes in the forest. LÄS MER