Sökning: "rural livelihood"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 155 uppsatser innehållade orden rural livelihood.
1. Fostering Cooperative Resilience during the COVID-19 Pandemic : A case study on coffee cooperatives' operations during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemicMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the resilience of coffee cooperatives and producer organizations in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and explores their adaptations to the context in relation to their livelihood capitals. The changes to their operations are analyzed through the contexts of shocks, trends and stresses and how they perceived these threats. LÄS MER
2. Integration of allotment garden in public green space for the social wellbeing of urban residents : a study of Ekebydalen allotment garden, Uppsala, SwedenMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Background: Agriculture is among the relevant factors for the formation of cities and it has been an integral part of city life throughout history. Despite the increase in population growth, urban agriculture can offer a unique opportunity for improving the livelihood of individuals through the practice of growing food in urban green spaces. LÄS MER
3. A fishery at risk and the limits to adaptation : a study of Cambodian Community Fishery organisations’ role in reducing livelihood vulnerability to climate change in their communitiesMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Cambodia’s small-scale fisheries support the livelihoods of a major part of the country's rural population and play a crucial role in food security. Climate change-related impacts alongside geopolitical changes harm the aquatic ecosystems the fishery depends on, and thus contain a great threat to both food security and rural fishery-based livelihoods in the country. LÄS MER
4. Materialisation of emergent farmers in a Malawian context : a privileged class’ positioning in agricultural transformationMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Emergent farmers have rapidly increased in numbers on the sub-Saharan African continent during the last couple of decades. The main interest in this study lies in how emergent farmers have materialised as a class in a political economic context and historical process and what societal impact they have had. LÄS MER
5. Opportunities and Barriers of Carbon Farming from a Sustainable Livelihoods Perspective - A Case Study from SwedenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : With changes in climate and increasing resource scarcity in the future, transition towards a more sustainable and resilient agriculture system that promotes maintenance of a range of ecosystem services is important. Meanwhile, significant global greenhouse gas reduction targets require all sectors including agriculture to take radical actions immediately. LÄS MER