Sökning: "sea level"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 409 uppsatser innehållade orden sea level.
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The increasing rate of global sea mean level rise, one of many effects of climate change, will most likelyproduce heightened risk of coastal flooding. Cities located along coastlines have to adapt to thesecircumstances that otherwise will increase the magnitude and frequency of coastal flooding. LÄS MER
2. Saltwater Intrusion in Fractured Crystalline Bedrock Aquifer. - A Case Study on Koster Islands, SW SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Saltwater intrusion (SWI) is one of the significant threats in many coastal areas, mainly drivenby anthropogenic hazards (over-pumping) and climate change (sea level rise). So far, there havebeen extensive research and techniques to understand and minimize SWI. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : Japan lies on an area frequently hit by typhoons while city functions are clustered along the flat coastal areas, hence Japan has experienced lots of storm surge disasters up to the present. Coastal areas along the Suo-nada Sea also have the vulnerability against storm surge and in the past Typhoon 18 in 1999, Typhoon 16 and 18 in 2004 made remarkable damages in the areas. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : How should we deal with city planning in a world that is rapidly turning urban, without destroying valuable nature assets along the way? The last decades are proof that the system we are using today is not up to the challenge. Therefore this thesis is showing a new approach to how comprehensive city planning can grow from nature based values and a deeper understanding of a city’s foundation. LÄS MER
5. Planning for sea level rise in Sweden : A study regarding how the parliamentary parties relate to climate change adaptation of sea level riseMaster-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : The consequences due to sea level rise are many, and will affect the environment and societies all around the world. There is uncertainty about how much and how quickly the sea will rise. Despite the uncertainties, society must be adapted to a changing climate. LÄS MER