Sökning: "second language learner"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 69 uppsatser innehållade orden second language learner.
1. The Textbook - Servant or Master? : A Study of the Role of Textbooks in English Second Language Learning in Swedish High SchoolsKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : Textbooks are considered an integral part of language teaching-learning. The aim of the present study is to investigate the relationship between textbooks and teachers as well as students. LÄS MER
2. Incorporating digital gaming and applications in the classroom and its effects on motivation and learning among EFL learnersUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This research synthesis investigates the complex theme of how motivation is affected by the use of digital games and applications while learning a second language. A solid overview of the leading motivation theories in second language learning is presented. LÄS MER
3. Does playing video games have an effect on English vocabulary acquisition? : The correlation between English vocabulary acquisition and the playing of video games in ninth grade learners of English in SwedenL3-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : There have been many different studies done around the subject of Extramural English, where researchers Sundqvist and Sylvén (2012) have drawn the conclusion that there is a correlation between video games and learners of English improving upon their English vocabulary. This study focuses time spent on whether or not playing video games for an extended amount of time will help with a student’s English vocabulary. LÄS MER
4. So, what you’re saying is …? : A study of year 9 students’ attitudes towards and perceived knowledge of communicative competenceUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Högskolan i Jönköping/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Swedes’ proficiency in English is often high up in the world rankings among the countries in which English is an L2. Learners of English are routinely tested in the Swedish school system, using standardized national tests to measure how well students are doing nationwide, whilst also providing teachers with sometimes essential assistance in grading students’ language skills. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This research synthesis aims to explore how Computer-assisted language learning (CALL) can motivate the learners to develop their language skills. To answer the question 14 articles have been examined against a framework consisting of second language acquisition theory and method and Dörnyei’s motivational theory. LÄS MER