Sökning: "second language teaching"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 416 uppsatser innehållade orden second language teaching.
1. Teaching English 5 to Swedish vocational students : student attitudes, motivation and adaptation of teachingUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : There has been research that suggests that an anti-studying culture is present in vocational programs in Sweden (Högberg 2009), and that teachers need to adapt their teaching to the students’ vocational interests in order to create an interest in learning (Lindahl 2015; Riley & Eriksson 2014; Smagorinsky et al. 2010). LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study was to investigate the methods and strategies teachers in Malmö and Lund, Sweden, use to overcome issues faced when working with newly arrived students in teaching English. There was a need to explore this further since there is a lack of previous research in the area, as well as a lack of education on how to teach these students. LÄS MER
3. Why not "English only"? : Patterns of code-switching between Swedish and English in Swedish upper secondary EFL educationUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : English education in Sweden tends to be viewed as a second language, rather than a foreign language. Therefore, it is generally expected that instruction is performed, and content is taught in English. However, previous research shows that English is generally not the sole language used, even in classrooms with explicit “English only” policies. LÄS MER
4. Using Students’ Interests and Experiences in English Teaching : A Study of Teachers’ Approaches and Attitudes to the Choice of Content in English Language LearningUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Högskolan i Gävle/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This study examines teachers’ approaches and attitudes towards their choice of content in English language teaching and learning. The study identifies if, and in what amount, teachers use students’ interests and experiences in English language learning. LÄS MER
5. När läromedel övertalar : - En läromedelsstudie om hur ideologier presenteras i förhållande till skolans opartiska värdegrundUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : This essay aims to investigate how teaching aids present ideologies, if the teaching aids are partial, and whether there are values in teaching aids that favor a particular ideology. The background of this study is based on the fact that the governmental teaching aids inspection ended in 1992. LÄS MER