Sökning: "sexual citizenship"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden sexual citizenship.
1. From invisibility to political witch-hunt: The influence of everyday marginalization on the sense of Polish and European belonging among the LGBTQ+ minority in Poland.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : Thirty years after the fall of communism and fifteen years after Poland joined the European Union, there have been more steps backwards than forwards in regards to gender and sexual equality. From the very beginning, this has been a cause of tension between Poland and the EU. LÄS MER
2. Right to be and act Queer? : A descriptive analysis of how Indian LGBTQI activists framed Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code in order to challenge it, preceding the 2018 Indian Supreme Court verdict to overrule the lawKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study aims to contribute to the under-researched area of LGBTQI activism in the ‘Global South’ by performing a case study of LGBTQI activism in India, a country that provides an intriguing setting in which a wide range of sexual expressions has developed over time with attitudes towards them varying alongside. Same-sex activities have since the 1860s been considered a penal offence under Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code but in September 2018, the Indian Supreme Court overruled the law and decriminalized same-sex conduct. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen; Lunds universitet/Pedagogik; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Global Studies
Sammanfattning : In today’s post-industrial cities, how urban citizenship is defined and performed have been ambiguously positioned in their relationship with the urban societal space. While the cities become more commodified and privatized with the inter-urban competition, the concept of citizenship is put into a tentative position between being participatory political subjects and passive consumers. LÄS MER
4. Sexual and reproductive health and rights – a condition for women’s citizenship? A comparative discourse analysis of Sweden and Ireland in an European contextKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Is it enough to ‘add homosexual men and stir’? The significance of materialism in HIV prevention in the Global South.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen; Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : Given the HIV/AIDS peak in the 1980s, Uganda has been hailed as a success story after having dramatically decreased the infection rate in the 2000s. However, the country’s HIV/AIDS rate has started to increase again in recent years. LÄS MER