Sökning: "share repurchases"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 42 uppsatser innehållade orden share repurchases.
1. Executive Stock Incentives and Corporate Payout Policy: How do executive stock incentives affect payouts, and can they be used to mitigate the free cash flow problem?C-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : Using data on 849 companies included in the S&P 1500 Index during 2015-2019, this study provides an overview of how executive held shares and stock options affect companies' payout policies. By examining how executive stock incentives relate to the magnitude and composition of payouts, we aim to establish whether such incentives can be utilized to mitigate the free cash flow problem defined by Jensen (1986). LÄS MER
2. Patterns and Determinants of Payout Policy in the 21-st Century : A study of the Nordic Countries.Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi; Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Payout policies is one of the most discussed topics in corporate finance. Since Miller & Modigliani (1961) dividend irrelevance theory, which was based on perfect markets, many theories have been developed in order to incorporate market imperfections to payout decisions. LÄS MER
3. A Study of the Relevance of the Dividend Irrelevance - A quantitative study on the relationship between dividend policy and firm value for US listed firms from a financial management perspectiveD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för redovisning och finansiering
Sammanfattning : In this study, we examine the relation between firms' existing dividend policy and their current firm value for US listed firm during 2015-2019. The relation is investigated using regressions on the enterprise value against the payout ratio and the payout mix (the proportion of cash dividends to share repurchases), and a set of control variables. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi; Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the relationship between corporate liquidity and dividend policy. The corporate liquidity is measured by proven liquidity ratios and the dividend policy is divided into cash dividends and share repurchases. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the relationship between share repurchase decisions and severalfinancial variables the year before. We link financial theories such as signaling,substitution, leverage, excess capital, corporate governance, employee stock option, andlegitimacy theory to this relationship and create a hypothesis to test in a quantitative study. LÄS MER