Sökning: "small-scale agriculture"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 142 uppsatser innehållade orden small-scale agriculture.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Yellow rust (Puccinia striiformis f. sp. Tritici) is a crop disease caused by a fungus that regularly infects wheat and causes yield loss in Ethiopia. The disease has a significant impact on the country’s crop production, food security, health, and socioeconomic well-being. LÄS MER
2. Hybrid patches of commoning - Unpacking influences of the hydrosocial cycle on commoning in a downstream desert reclamation area : case study in Youssef El Seddik, EgyptKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Utveckling och internationellt samarbete; Södertörns högskola/Utveckling och internationellt samarbete
Sammanfattning : Water stress is increasing globally, especially affecting arid regions of the world such as Egypt. Due to challenges related to intensifying effects of climate change and a rapidly growing population, the levels of and access to water is a continuous area of concern for the country – making it important to analyze how these water issues are managed. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The present research aims at finding the underlying factors that contributed to the recently observed disappearance of economic shrinking in Ethiopia, defined as negative rates of GDP per capita growth. Within the framework of the Theory of Shrinking (Broadberry & Wallis, 2017) it sheds light on structural, technological and demographic change, the occurrence of warfare as well as institutional change over the course of four decades. LÄS MER
4. Seeds of sustainability? : A case study on agricultural sustainability perceptions among small-scale farmers in the Manyara region, TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Agricultural policies worldwide are giving an increased focus to the goal of sustainable agriculture, but there are still uncertainties around how this is performed and achieved. As small-scale farmers are a fundamental part of agricultural production worldwide, earlier scholars request deeper understanding of how these farmers perceive sustainable agriculture and how they perceive the pathway towards sustainability. LÄS MER
5. Transition of agroecology in Bali, Indonesia : what are the main barriers and opportunities for small-scale farmers to scale-up agroecology in central Bali?Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Biosystems and Technology (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : Since the late 1960’s, the Green Revolution introduced high yielding varieties in association with agrochemicals to address increasing food demands across Southeast Asia. Indonesian government extended these “technological packages” through political incentives replacing traditional farming methods to stimulate agricultural productivity and economic growth. LÄS MER