Sökning: "small-scale farming"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 117 uppsatser innehållade orden small-scale farming.
1. Ullgrens sallat En fallstudie av ett framgångsrikt småskaligt odlingsföretag byggt på hantverksmässig kunskapKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvård
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a case study of Ullgrens handelsträdgård, a small-scale market garden which successfully produces vegetables, mainly salad, and has done so since 1945. The production is primarily done by hand with a minimum of machinery and without pesticides. LÄS MER
2. Hybrid patches of commoning - Unpacking influences of the hydrosocial cycle on commoning in a downstream desert reclamation area : case study in Youssef El Seddik, EgyptKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Utveckling och internationellt samarbete; Södertörns högskola/Utveckling och internationellt samarbete
Sammanfattning : Water stress is increasing globally, especially affecting arid regions of the world such as Egypt. Due to challenges related to intensifying effects of climate change and a rapidly growing population, the levels of and access to water is a continuous area of concern for the country – making it important to analyze how these water issues are managed. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för elektro- och informationsteknik
Sammanfattning : Smart furniture is being more and more common in our homes. This thesis combines the growing interest in smart homes and farming of flowers and vegetables. The goal is to determine and characterize the parameters one has to take into consideration in order to design of a smart system for indoor farming. LÄS MER
4. Seeds of sustainability? : A case study on agricultural sustainability perceptions among small-scale farmers in the Manyara region, TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Agricultural policies worldwide are giving an increased focus to the goal of sustainable agriculture, but there are still uncertainties around how this is performed and achieved. As small-scale farmers are a fundamental part of agricultural production worldwide, earlier scholars request deeper understanding of how these farmers perceive sustainable agriculture and how they perceive the pathway towards sustainability. LÄS MER
5. A climate of difference: gender, farming, and climate variability : an investigation into the varied experience of gender vulnerability and agency among small-scale farmers in Ky Anh district, Central VietnamMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : This study explores gender identity, vulnerability, and agency in the lives of smallholder farmers, within the context of climate variability in Ky Anh, Central Vietnam. The study first explores how gender identity and power is constructed within everyday rural practices. LÄS MER