Sökning: "social conflict"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1147 uppsatser innehållade orden social conflict.
1. THE REASONS AND CONDITIONS OF SYMBOLIC POLITICS IN ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY. A case study of the reasons and conditions for use of symbolic politics in the decision of Low Emission Zones for cars in StockholmMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to examine the reasons and conditions for symbolic politics in the decision to implement Low emission zones (LEZ) for cars in Stockholm. A LEZ restricts the ability to move with certain vehicles in an area to improve air quality, decrease congestion and sending a signal for upgrading the car/vehicle fleet (Connelly et.al. 2012). LÄS MER
2. Using Conservation Conflict Transformation as a Framework to Address Social Conflict Over Wildlife in a Swedish CountyMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : In Europe, and throughout the world, the return and preservation of large carnivores isescalating tensions between stakeholder groups, as well as between local actors andauthorities. While wolf conservation efforts have generally been accepted across Swedishauthorities, nature organizations, and the public, there are others who argue that thepreservation of wolves is threatening local values and traditions. LÄS MER
3. “Nu är vi nog lite ute på fel väg.” En kvalitativ intervjustudie om hur socialsekreterare upplever styrningen av socialtjänstenKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to investigate how case workers in social work experience the governing of the Swedish social services. It also aspire to examine how professional values relates to recent changes in governing. LÄS MER
4. Men, Machos and Masculinity – A Qualitative Study on how Bolivian Women’s Organizations Approach Gender and MasculinitiesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi; Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper examines understandings of gender with an emphasis on masculinities among Bolivian feminist and women´s organizations. The specific aim has been to find out to what extent their understandings of gender include masculinities, and if so, what are their agendas and political positionings in relation to their work with men and boys. LÄS MER
5. AU-led Peace Operations : The Case of the AMISOM KDF’s Local Peacebuilding Engagement in Southern Somalia, Jubbaland RegionMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Contemporary peace operations are deployed to increasingly complex, high-risk environments where localised armed groups, often those that can influence the trajectory of the conflict are not at the table, at the same time militaries are mandated to facilitate social, economic and political transformative processes in recovered areas. By the opening of the twenty-first century, the distinction between peacebuilding and military interventions converged both in policy and practice and increasing pressure are placed on the troop contributing countries to adapt to the dynamics of ‘multidimensional peace operations’. LÄS MER