Sökning: "social movement studies"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 269 uppsatser innehållade orden social movement studies.
1. Piecing the Puzzle: Restorative Justice with Children and Young Offenders in Scandinavia, an Interview Study with ProfessionalsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The modern roots of restorative justice in Scandinavia go back to the emergence of the mediationmovement in Norway in the mid 1970s (Miers, 2001), a process that reached Sweden in the late 1980s(Wahlin, 2005). Victim Offender Mediation (VOM) in Sweden, and Youth Punishment (YP) inNorway, are some of the processes based on the primary components of restorative justice. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/Tekniska Högskolan
Sammanfattning : In 2019, the Covid-19 pandemic struck the world, creating a need for social distancing to stop the spreading of the virus. This report will discuss and cover how a simulation was implemented in the game engine Unity that simulates human movement-patterns, which in turn will help with spreading people out in public areas. LÄS MER
3. “Tis the season to be vegan” : Discursive identity formations and the discursive construction of veganism in the communication event #veganuaryMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : Offering contemporary insights into movement activities, this study explores the discursive identity formations and discursive constructions of veganism in the communication event #veganuary on Twitter. In a tentative attempt to understand #veganuary as a site of discursive and socio-cultural change, this study seeks to answer the research questions: (1) “What discursive identity formations take part in the semantic battle for the meaning of veganism in the communication event #veganuary on Twitter?”, (2) “How is veganism discursively constructed in the communication event #veganuary on Twitter?”, and (3) “How can we understand #veganuary on Twitter as a site of discursive and socio-cultural change?”. LÄS MER
4. “NONVIOLENCE IS FINE AS LONG AS IT WORKS” : A study of the relationship between civil society and processes of radicalizationMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The radicalization literature within the field of social movement research which studies the phenomenon of primarily nonviolent protests becoming primarily violent has mapped a variety of mechanisms that drive or underlie the radicalization of nonviolent resistance. To date, little attention has however been directed at the potential role of civil society influencing the trajectories of protests. LÄS MER
5. Organising Civil Resistance : Understanding the effects and dynamics of organisational structures on the outcome of civil resistance campaignsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The use of nonviolent tactics has become the most common way to achieve change. The field of civil resistance has been predominantly focussed on the dynamics related to the outcome, however, about the types of organisational structures that are most effective, is no general consensus, yet. LÄS MER