Sökning: "soil samples"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 397 uppsatser innehållade orden soil samples.
1. Acid sulphate soil in Falkenberg on the west coast of Sweden - The first discovery of active acid sulphate soil outside the Baltic BasinMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Active AS soil has several negative impacts on the environment due to their ability to severely decreasepH-values and mobilize metals bound in the soil. The negative impacts can especially be seen in aquaticenvironments that drains an active AS soil. LÄS MER
2. Mercury and methyl mercury release in soil and water - their relationship with different properties in SkogarydMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : In Skogaryd research site, water samples were taken and analysed for total mercury (Hgtot) andmethylmercury (MeHg) concentration along with the pH, dissolved oxygen (DO) and total organiccontent (TOC). This to give the condition of the site before the forest is clear-cute and a part of theland rewetted to a wetland. LÄS MER
3. Greenhoue gas flux over a 50-year post permafrost thaw gradient. Decomposition of soil organic carbon from the Swedish tussock tundra.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : As the globe is warming the extent of permafrost drastically decreases in the high latitudes. Upon thawthe stored soil organic carbon (SOC) undergoes rapid decomposition and is partly released as trace gasesto the atmosphere. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Poly- and perfluorinated alkyl substances (PFASs) is a group of more than 5000 different substances, of which all consist of a fluorinated carbon chain resulting in a strong bond. Most of these substances are shown to be persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic for both humans and the environment. LÄS MER
5. Contamination analysis of the landfill Rösaberg inerta massor : Risk assessment and investigation of the contaminant distributionUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The dispersion of contaminants deriving from landfills poses a risk to the surrounding environment and human health. Old landfills are treated with extra precaution, due to their poorer construction, less stringent operation and lack information regarding the waste content. Vetlanda municipality has identified 48 old landfills. LÄS MER