Sökning: "solid waste management"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 146 uppsatser innehållade orden solid waste management.
1. Small-scale biogas production from organic waste and application in mid-income countries – a case study of a Lebanese communityMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The controlled anaerobic digestion of organic waste in a biogas facility aggregates advantages of waste treatment, energy recovery and nutrient recycling and is a promising technology to deal with contemporary issues of waste management and energy recovery. Small-scale biogas production units can be simply designed and successfully operated even in settings where means for advanced technology equipment are low and institutional capacities limited. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper; Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Surface water is globally becoming more and more a scarce resource, and in Addis Ababa the capital of Ethiopia, river water quality has been degraded due to anthropological forcing for many years. Therefore, the study objective was to investigate causes and impact of surface water pollution in Kebena and Great Akaki rivers. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kemiteknik (CI)
Sammanfattning : After the sewage wastewater is collected from different households and directed to the treatment plants, it goes through several processes, which are physical, chemical and biological. The different processes remove the contaminant, and produce a semi-solid material named sludge. Sludge has a huge amount of liquid. LÄS MER
4. Multi-criteria assessment of biomethane production from waste and residual feedstocks of Emilia-Romagna (Italy)Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Energy and Technology
Sammanfattning : Biomethane can be produced by anaerobic digestion of residues or wastes and it can be used as a renewable fuel for transport. It is associated with reduced GHG emissions, offsetting of fossil fuels and of mineral fertilizers, waste management and nutrient recycling in agriculture. LÄS MER
5. Differences between urban and landfill citizens in the An Giang province of Vietnam : - a field study about landfilling & solid waste managementKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för biologi och miljö (BOM)
Sammanfattning : Landfilling is the most common treatment of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) in the An Giang province in south Vietnam. Many of the landfills are not sanitary and can be harmful to the environment and the residents, especially those who live within the settled distance limit of 1000 meters. LÄS MER