Sökning: "solidarity refugee"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 27 uppsatser innehållade orden solidarity refugee.
1. The EU's Migration Control in the Central Mediterranean: The protection from refoulement in situations of interception on the high seasMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The use of the term ‘refugee crisis’ does already suggest a scenario that apparently, the European Union was not expecting and consequently, was not prepared to tackle. As the mass influx of asylum seekers arrived in Europe in 2015, the national reception systems, especially in states of first arrival such as Greece and Italy were disrupted, and the Common European Asylum System was put to a test. LÄS MER
2. GRÄNSLÖS SOLIDARITET? En textanalys av begreppsanvändningen solidaritet i svensk dagspress om flyktingkrisen år 2015Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyse how the concept of solidarity is used by different actors in different contexts in Swedish newspapers, and to analyse which groups are included in the concept of solidarity in the debate on the refugee crisis in 2015. I am also briefly investigating whether it is possible to discern a change over time in the usage of the concept. LÄS MER
3. Refugee Protection in Time of Mass Influx: A Case Study on Southeast Asian Countries and their Intergovernmental ArrangementsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) describes a situation where the number of people crossing the international border has suddenly increased in which neither if exist, the normal individual asylum procedures nor the response capacity of individual State are able to deal with the assessment of such large numbers as a 'mass refugee influx.' In the international law context, the receiving State has an obligation to provide a ‘temporary refuge’ for any person participating in the large-scale movement. LÄS MER
4. Reforming Refugee Protection: What role can a 'Compact' play in the development of future International Refugee Law?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten; Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Global Compact on Refugees, which is to be adopted in the autumn of 2018, represents an aspiration on the part of the international community towards strengthened solidarity with refugees and affected host countries and is the most ambitious instrument of its kind to date. Indeed, the creation of the Refugee Compact is timely, although perhaps also somewhat surprising in an era of rising populism, increasingly xenophobic electorates and growing security concerns. LÄS MER
5. The nexus between discourse and multi-level governance during times of crisis : Sweden during the 2015-2016 refugee movementsMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : In order to understand the role of discourse in a system of multi-level governance, this thesis performs a case study of Sweden’s response to the 2015-2016 refugee crisis. Initially praised as the European country who accepted the highest number of asylum applications per capita, by the end of 2015 Sweden had limited its asylum policy to the minimum levels under EU law. LÄS MER