Sökning: "son preferences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden son preferences.
1. Las percepciones hacia los deberes de español como lengua moderna : Investigando lo que opinan los estudiantes y los profesores sobre las tareas de español en la educación secundariaKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : The main purpose of the present study is to investigate how students and teachers of Spanish as a modern language perceive homework. Although appearing to be a frequently used tool in the Swedish school (Skolverket, 2014), not a lot of thorough investigations have been conducted regarding Spanish homework in upper secondary schools in Sweden. LÄS MER
2. Thank God, It's a Boy?! The Heterogeneous Effects of Children's Gender on Domestic Violence - An Application of the Causal Forest AlgorithmD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to quantify heterogeneity in treatment effects of the gender of the first child on the mother's prob- ability of experiencing domestic violence. The identification strategy takes into account the potential endogeneity of gender preferences on the children's gender, as well as potential channels of a child's gender on domestic vio- lence. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : Research about attachment behaviours of dogs as a response to human caregiving behaviour as well as the owner’s view of the relationship, is of relevance for the welfare of the dog and the owner. Dogs have been obser-ved showing similar attachment behaviours toward humans as seen in child-ren toward a parent. LÄS MER
4. Könsdiskriminering i Indien i konsekvens av son preferenser : En jämförande fallstudie om könsdiskriminering i Kerala respektive Uttar PradeshKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to study and compare gender discrimination in terms of son preferences in Kerala and Uttar Pradesh in India. It also aims to explain how son preferences appears in these states. This study uses Judith Butler’s (2007) and Yvonne Hirdman’s (2001) gender theories to explain the gender discrimination in the different states. LÄS MER
5. Female Education and Gender Inequality - A study of Indian children´s enrolment and future outcomesKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : The objective of this thesis is to investigate the educational gender inequality and the differences among boys’ and girls’ educational attainment and outcomes in India. India is considered to be the most fast growing economy in the world but there are still major gaps between men and women, already apparent at young ages. LÄS MER