Sökning: "spiritual exploration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden spiritual exploration.
1. Spiritual Activism for At-Risk Youth : Compassionate Saint Augustine’s Youth Academy Initiative, an Ethnographic StudyMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : BACKGROUND: This is an ethnographic study of two communities coming together to serve at-risk youth in St. Augustine, Florida. Compassionate St Augustine (CSA) is a non-profit organization grounded in the Golden Rule that promotes compassion-based practices in schools, businesses, faith communities, and government. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Religionssociologi
Sammanfattning : The thesis explores relations between members of the Church of Sweden and heterogeneous spirituality. More specifically heterogeneous spirituality is studied within the Church, a terrain understudied. The purpose statement, method and material are all bifurcated, following a mixed methods design. LÄS MER
3. From Demonic Agency to Divine Presence: A Study of Human-Entity Relations at an Ayahuasca Treatment CentreMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialantropologi
Sammanfattning : The present thesis is a qualitative exploration of a group of patients’ experiences of going through an ayahuasca treatment as well as the human-entity relations they come to be constitutive of during the treatment. The ingestion of ayahuasca allows the drinker to enter a non-ordinary reality which opens up the possibility of having encounters with demons, spirits, angels, saints, animals and God, as perceived by informants. LÄS MER
4. Lärande om Gud i populärmusik. Postmoderna konfirmanders identitetskapande och erfarenhet i musikKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : Music and religion are concepts, which have been continually associated with spirituality throughout the history of Western religion. Since the dawn of mankind, it has been considered that music has had a clear function about how individuals grasp their inner emotions to reach the transcendent and comprehend "Self". LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : The use of hallucinogenic plants has throughout human history been used for religiouspurposes, in order to induce mystical states of mind, often interpreted as meeting with godsand spirits. In recent years, this practice has been taken up by people interested in theexploration of their psyche and spiritual side. LÄS MER