Sökning: "state responsibility"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 690 uppsatser innehållade orden state responsibility.
1. Mutual trust and the Rule of law - A study of the effect of the procedures under Article 7 TEU on the legal preconditions for the future application of the Framework Decision on the European arrest warrantMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : For the first time in the history of the European Union (EU), proceedings under Article 7(1) Treaty on the European Union (TEU) have been initiated, inviting the Council to determine the existence of a risk of violations of fundamental values enshrined in Article 2 TEU in Poland and Hungary. Even if such decisions would only have the function of a preventative measure with no sanctions, judgments from the Court of Justice indicate that national courts have shown doubts whether to execute requests for surrenders under the Framework Decision on the European arrest warrant (FD-EAW) to Member States criticised under Article 7(1) TEU. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : There are a few dozen state-owned funds in the world that, to some extent, managecapital belonging to its citizens, collectively called Sovereign Wealth Funds (SWF).During the middle of the 20th century most of the Nordic countries created funds thattoday are to be called SWFs. LÄS MER
3. “Development is the new Peace”: A case study on Pastoral Social Pasto’s role as a local actor in the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region of NariñoMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyze the role of Pastoral Social Pasto as a case of a local actor within the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region Nariño. Colombia suffered from an internal armed conflict that endured over five decades. LÄS MER
4. Local NGOs’ Contribution to Peacebuilding and Conflict Prevention in the Southern Region of UkraineMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Since the end of the Cold War peacebuilding and conflict prevention became an important part of the international agenda in the processes of achieving peace. Nowadays there is an acknowledgment that civil society is an important actor that shares responsibility with the state, international actors, and contributes to rebuilding of states and societies after violent conflicts. LÄS MER
5. The extraterritorial application of the European Convention on Human Rights and the United Nations Convention against Torture in frozen conflict regions as a tool of ensuring the prohibition of torture — the cases of Transnistria and AbkhaziaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The existence of frozen conflicts in Europe are posing difficulties in the application of international human rights treaties. This is due to, de facto governments of break-away regions not cooperating with international mechanisms and refusing to comply with regional and international instruments. LÄS MER