Sökning: "structural racism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 36 uppsatser innehållade orden structural racism.
1. Hinder och begränsningar för flyktingkvinnor i Sverige att uppnå sexuell och reproduktiv hälsa och rättigheter (SRHR): En kvalitativ undersökning om flyktingkvinnors barriärer till SRHR-vårdKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Health is a universal human right which includes ones sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). It is covered in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as a vital part for women’s health, yet for many women these rights are not followed through. This is highlighted as a result of gender inequality. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : According to politicians, experts and journalists a wave of gang related crime has washed over Sweden and is a threat to the country’s safety, welfare and unity. With media as a tool, it is described both as a social problem as well as an urgent national crisis. This essay concerns discourses on the portrayal of gang related crime in the media. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik
Sammanfattning : This essay seeks to understand the possible reasons behind the high rates of non-white ethnic minorities, such as the Somali-Swedish community among hospitalized Covid-19 patients in Sweden. It interrogates the possibility of a White middle-class bias in the Swedish government and the National Pandemic Group’s management of the covid-19 crisis. LÄS MER
4. Opre Roma! // Up, Romanies! : A Thematic Analysis of Appearance, Voice and Agency of Romani Media Activists’ Platforms in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kommunikation och medier
Sammanfattning : This research is concerned with Romani media activists’ use of different online platforms in order to counter the stereotypical representation of Roma in dominant discourses, such as in mass media and state policies. Links are made between these platforms and the cultural context of Sweden that they are set in. LÄS MER
5. More than a pipeline: understanding and responding to the environmental injustices surrounding the Coastal GasLink pipeline conflictMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : The winter of 2020 was dominated by Canadian and international news coverage about a group of indigenous land defenders in Northern British Columbia, Canada. At the centre of the media frenzy was a pipeline conflict involving an indigenous community, namely, the Wet’suwet’en Nation, and Canada’s largest private sector investment ever which is set to cross directly through Wet’suwet’en territory. LÄS MER