Sökning: "sub-Saharan Africa"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 373 uppsatser innehållade orden sub-Saharan Africa.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the impact of aid allocated to education on economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our study includes 37 countries within the region during the time period 2005-2018, with intentions to follow up on Elizabeth Asiedu’s (2014) study 1990-2004. LÄS MER
2. Which firm characteristics determine access to finance for SMEs within the East African Community?Kandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : Financial constraints among SMEs are generally more prevalent in the developing world than in the developed world, but SMEs in sub-Saharan Africa stand out as being particularly constrained. Previous studies also show causal links between access to finance and company growth and increased prosperity. LÄS MER
3. Pokot Young Pastoralists at the Crossroads - Tradition, Modernity and Land Tenure Transformations in East Pokot, KenyaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : East Pokot, in North-Western Kenya, falls under the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands(ASALs) of the Sub-Saharan region. Due to the yearly prolonged dry seasons, pastoralismhas traditionally guaranteed the most reliable source of livelihood. LÄS MER
4. Family planning as a solution for a sustainable future in Sub-Saharan Africa : The efforts of the global community: state and non-state actorsKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : In 2050, 9.7 billion is expected to live on Earth. Entering a new decade in 2020, the global agenda concerns sustainable development and how humans can live on Earth sustainable while continuing to develop. A solution to reach a sustainable future is through family planning. LÄS MER
5. Income Diversification and Welfare, a Way Out of Rural Poverty? A Study on Three Commercialized Regions in Ethiopia, Ghana, and MalawiMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to extend the understanding of the connection between household income diversification and welfare in the rural areas of Sub-Saharan Africa. I perform a comparative analysis and investigate three commercialized rural regions in Ethiopia, Ghana, and Malawi, which are countries with diverging economic development over the last decades. LÄS MER