Sökning: "sub-Saharan Africa"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 403 uppsatser innehållade orden sub-Saharan Africa.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Innovationsteknik
Sammanfattning : The demand for higher education is quickly rising in the Sub-Saharan Africa region and the question of giving access to all members of society often comes down to financing. Many countries, including Tanzania, have opted for cost-sharing policies where the cost of education is split between the state and the individuals - leaving many without the possibility of attending higher education. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : As part of Nigeria’s drive to increase electricity production capacity and shift to renewable sources, a new 50 MW photovoltaic (PV) plant is proposed for a town in north-west Nigeria. Rather than using conventional monofacial modules and fixed mounting, it is of interest to consider a selection of new technologies which are attracting growing attention in the global utility PV market. LÄS MER
3. En kvantitativ jämförande studie av samband mellan partisystem, socialt kapital och demokratisering i Afrika söder om SaharaKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Most Sub-Saharan African countries are not yet considered democracies, but it is worth noting that almost all of them are fighting for democracy, and some countries have successfully crossed the threshold of democracy. However, the pace of democratization across the African region is uneven. LÄS MER
4. Le rôle de l’Église catholique dans la colonisation française en Afrique subsaharienne : Éducation et hypocrisie dans Une vie de boy de Ferdinand OyonoKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : Africa is regularly seen as a continent attached to its ways and customs and reluctant to change. To the sudden and violent entry of colonization and Christianity, Africans have responded in various ways, from warm hospitality to disobedience through insubordination and religious originality which manifest a certain level of inventiveness. LÄS MER
5. Social Capability and Resilience to Economic Shrinking - An innovative Perspective on Growth and the Income Divergence between Sub-Saharan Africa and East Asia & PacificKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the beginning of the 1960’s, there has been a widening gap in GDP per capita between the countries in the regions of East Asia & Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa. By growing more and shrinking less, some but not all, developing countries have deviated from a state of underdevelopment and caught up with the developed world. LÄS MER