Sökning: "sustainable peace building"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 uppsatser innehållade orden sustainable peace building.
1. “Development is the new Peace”: A case study on Pastoral Social Pasto’s role as a local actor in the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region of NariñoMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyze the role of Pastoral Social Pasto as a case of a local actor within the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region Nariño. Colombia suffered from an internal armed conflict that endured over five decades. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The transitioning of armed actors into political parties following a peace accord is not a new phenomenon and the debate for how we can facilitate such a transition is well explored. A grey area of the debate, however, concerns transitioned actors’ long-term commitment to peace, as relapses are known to have occurred on many occasions. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study is based on the perspectives of Syrian youth, on how they can contribute to and participate in future peace initiatives for Syria. The purpose of the study is to investigate opportunities and barriers to youth’s participation for peace, as well as the instrumental role of education in learning about nonviolent pathways for change. LÄS MER
4. Reconciliation and peace-building in post-genocide societies : A structured focused comparison in Rwanda and CambodiaKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This study aims to explore the effectiveness of reconciliation in post-genocide peace building. Peace activists believe that reconciliation is necessary after a post-war conflict to ensure regeneration and lasting peace. LÄS MER
5. "We fight hard to make sure that we bring peace" - A study of women's organisations and peacebuilding in LiberiaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the adoption of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 in 2000 it has become a frequently repeated argument that the participation of women makes peacebuilding processes more sustainable. Women’s involvement in peacebuilding is often connected to a long-term perspective, despite this little research have been carried out to examine how long-term peacebuilding is exercised in practise, leaving the understanding of the concept incomplete. LÄS MER