Sökning: "sustainable tourism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 327 uppsatser innehållade orden sustainable tourism.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Transports in Europe are increasing. At the same time, more people are worried about the en-vironment and thus carry the impact on climate change. In this respect, the European Union is trying to push its policy towards more sustainable transports with less emissions and a reduction in climate impact through a collection of transport policies. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för samhällsbyggnad och industriell teknik
Sammanfattning : While traveling brings economic opportunities while climate change, resource depletion and the rapid growth of tourist numbers threaten the communities and ecology in the destination. Concerns about these threats require the sustainability of tourism in the destination, where local enterprises as the major players are encouraged to lead change by adopting sustainable innovation. LÄS MER
3. The use-impact relationship of outdoor-tourism in Denmark : how the Tourism Carrying Capacity can develop tourism instead of keeping it on lockMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : With the ever increased focus on sustainability and not least the focus on sustainability in the tourism industry this thesis has critically investigated the suitability of the Tourism Carrying Capacity method in a Danish outdoor-tourism context. The research found that there are considerable limitations and challenges to implementing a TCC approach in Denmark, and even if implemented, legally, culturally and practically circumstances would challenge a proper and successful completion of a TCC approach too. LÄS MER
4. Short-term volunteers – Helpful or Harmful? : -A qualitative case study of short-term volunteers from a bottom-up perspective in Tanga Town, Tanzania.Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : People have always been enjoying travelling and exploring new places. The phenomenon of combining travelling with social work abroad has become known as “voluntourism”. Over the last few years, voluntourism has gained a lot of criticism, claiming that it does more harm than good for the host communities. LÄS MER
5. Tourism and marine resource conservation tentacle in tentacle? Zanzibari hotels as biosphere stewards in support of octopus closuresMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Stockholm Resilience Centre
Sammanfattning : Tourism fuels the Zanzibari economy but adds to the depletion of marine resources. However, the concept of corporate biosphere stewardship suggests that companies with consolidated power can influence sustainability pathways. LÄS MER