Sökning: "the DRC"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 49 uppsatser innehållade orden the DRC.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis seeks to explain the reason why international and regional organisations have started to cooperate, especially after the Cold War. Cooperation amongst organisations has gained importance as a field of research in the last decade, but most of the scholars have rather given a descriptive contribution and recognised the legal implications on the matter. LÄS MER
2. Möjligheter och hinder för att kunna ge mödra- och nyföddhetsvård av god kvalitet i Ibanda hälsozon i Demokratiska Republiken Kongo.Magister-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : Background: The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has one of the highest maternal andnewborn mortality in the world. Although the availability of care has increased, the quality ofcare is still low. LÄS MER
3. Twenty years of the UNSCR 1325 - progress for whom? : Emxamining the impact at grassroot levels in the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda.Kandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/HLK, Globala studier; Jönköping University/HLK, Globala studier
Sammanfattning : Twenty years has passed since the adopted of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325, which aims to strengthen the gender perspective in conflict settings as well as address inequalities related to sexually gender-based violence. Still, the concrete impact it has had on sexual violence in armed conflict, is questioned. LÄS MER
4. Negotiated Statehood in the Educational Sector of the Democratic Republic of Congo : The Case of Bemba Gombo in GomaMaster-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Afrikanska studier
Sammanfattning : The thesis focuses on the historical-diachronic analysis of the development of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s educational sector, with particular reference to the context of Nord Kivu and its capital Goma. The thesis aim is to understand and investigate how the DRC's educational sector has managed to be resilient over time (especially with regard to its funding), taking into account the interaction of different actors involved. LÄS MER
5. Enlightening the Heart of Darkness: UN perceptions and their relation with local agency in peacebuildingL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Perceptions have the capacity of indirectly shaping agendas and affecting behaviours. It is a concept briefly touched upon in peacebuilding research, as a tool of tracing dominant practices of international interveners. LÄS MER