Sökning: "the Islamic Republic of Iran"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden the Islamic Republic of Iran.
1. Will I Ever Be Enough? : A Marxist Analysis of Women Protesting Obligatory Veiling in the Islamic Republic of IranMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The My Stealthy Freedom (MSF) movement on social media has garnered over 1 million likes on Facebook and continues to make headlines in major media outlets. The founder Masih Alinejad routinely speaks out against obligatory veiling in the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI). LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : In order for a state to be considered ‘civilized’ the UN Declaration of human rights must be conceptualized in the national legislation. Iran are among states which are isolated from the international community partly on the basis of human rights violations. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Using Steven Luke’s famous Three-Dimensional Power theory this thesis aims to explain how much political power the Iranian women had during the secular Pahlavi era compared to the Islamic Republic of today. I will outline the reasons for change of formal and informal power structures from 1942-2010. LÄS MER
4. Den iranska kvinnans status : demografisk studie ur ett socialistiskt radikalfeministiskt perspektivKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : Women have in most societies around the world more or less always been subordinate to men. To add to the debate on how to address this problem from one more dimension this paper examines how demographic factors affect the status of females with the help of the following research questions; How does the correlations appear between the changes in demographic factors and changes regarding women’s status in the Iranian society since the revolution of 1979? and how can this be analyzed from a socialist radical feminist perspective? By examining the case of Iran with demographic tools the paper attempts to, through a gender perspective, find indicators on changes in female status. LÄS MER
5. Khomeini and Sufism : Ayatollah Khomeini’s influence on the oppression against Sufi Orders in the Islamic Republic of IranKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran many Shia Sufi Orders, who are religious groups that exercise the mystical and spiritual elements of Shia Islam, have been forced to exile due to oppression from the government. The largest Sufi Order, The Nematollahi Soltan Alishahi Gonabadi are still in the country, but are oppressed by the Islamic regime; From an arson attack in central Tehran in 1980; The Iranian government being blamed to have imprisoned 11 members of the Soltan Alishahi Order for peaceful activities in 2013 (HRW, 2013); To the odd arrests and physical abuses of the Order’s members in March 2014. LÄS MER