Sökning: "the Seychelles"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden the Seychelles.
1. “Stop stealing our beaches” : A comparative study on how Mauritius and the Seychelles are affected by and deal with climate change and tourism.Kandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/HLK, Globala studier; Jönköping University/HLK, Globala studier
Sammanfattning : Small Island Developing States are known to be extra sensitive to environmental changes due to their geographical location and characteristics, and many are known as luxurious tourist des- tinations. This study explores how Mauritius and the Seychelles are affected by and deal with climate change and the negative impacts of tourism. LÄS MER
2. French is essentential because the school system demands it : Une étude sociolinguistique sur les attitudes envers le français aux SeychellesKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för språkstudier
Sammanfattning : This study takes off in is its confirmation of the result of previous research: within the population of the Seychelles, the general attitude towards the French language is negative rather than positive. Such a state of affairs is uncommon to find in postcolonial countries, where the occidental languages tend to be highly esteemed. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Nationalekonomi; Linköpings universitet/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : In order to ensure the Earth’s future prosperity and welfare gender inequalities need to be tackled and our marine environment needs to be safeguarded. In this thesis we therefore evaluate the possible effects of a blue economy on gender equality in the Republic of Seychelles. LÄS MER
4. I Mean, You Look Sexy. : Differences in perception of a male and female character amongst students in SeychellesKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för språkstudier
Sammanfattning : This study examines the difference in perception of a character in a male and a female guise amongst university students in Seychelles, and elaborates on how such difference reflects gender hierarchies in general. The students were given a questionnaire consisting of five scenarios, in which two or more characters communicated, and then answered questions about their perception of the characters. LÄS MER
5. Speaking of Identity : Students’ Experiences of Language Use and Identity Issues inthe Educational System of Postcolonial SeychellesKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Colonialism has left its marks in the ordinary lives of people in postcolonial countries. One example of this can be found in the relationship people in postcolonial countries have with the local vernaculars compared to the colonial languages. LÄS MER