Sökning: "the South Caucasus"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden the South Caucasus.
1. The EU’s Constraints in Involvement of the Post- Soviet Frozen Conflicts : (A Comparative Case Study on the Nagorno-Karabakh, Abkhazia and South Ossetia Conflicts)Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines constraints of the EU’s engagement in the frozen conflicts of the South Caucasus, namely, the Abkhazia, the South Ossetia, and the Nagorno-Karabakh conflicts. The study begins with a puzzle in which the EU’s ambition for prioritizing the resolution of frozen conflicts mismatches with the reality related to the status quo of frozen conflicts. LÄS MER
2. Passportisation - the new geopolitical strategy? A comparative analysis of Russia’s passportisation policy and its effects on brain drain in the Eastern NeighbourhoodKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Russia has been issuing passports to Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus since the Soviet dissolution. Most targeted are secessionist regions of former Soviet states, whose populations are now becoming Russian due to passportisation. LÄS MER
3. A study of the preliminary National Forest Inventory in Georgia : with special emphasis on degraded vs. non-degraded forestMaster-uppsats, SLU/Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre
Sammanfattning : The South Caucasus and particularly Georgia are known as a “biodiversity hotspot” because of their unique flora and fauna which holds an outstanding amount of endemic species. Knowing this flora and fauna is crucial to protect it, but also to manage the natural resources it holds. LÄS MER
4. Dependence and coercion in the shared neighbourhood. : How Russia influenced the South Caucasus in their path to EU AssociationMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In 2010 the EU initiated negotiations for new agreements forming the legal basis for relations between it and partner countries of the EaP, termed Association Agreements (AA). Negotiations were entered with all three countries in the South Caucasus as well as Ukraine and Moldova, and foresaw greater political association through extensive rule harmonisation. LÄS MER
5. Transformative gender narratives in South Caucasus: Conversations with NGO women in the Armenian-Azeri conflictMagister-uppsats, Malmö högskola/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to discuss the role of women as intermediaries, mediators and arbitrators in conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the de facto region of Nagorno-Karabakh. It is highly relevant to comdev due to several reasons. First, it is an active issue. LÄS MER