Sökning: "the frontier"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 148 uppsatser innehållade orden the frontier.
1. Gold – a hedge, safe haven or a diversifier - A comparison between the Swedish and the American financial marketKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to investigate the role of gold as a financial asset and comparing the result between the American and the Swedish financial market. Using time series data for monthly and daily returns of S&P500, OMXS30, American 10-year bonds, Swedish 10-year bonds, oil and gold this study analyzes if gold has been a hedge, safe have or a diversifier for Swedish and American stocks and bonds the last 20 years. LÄS MER
2. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: HOW AI IS UNDERSTOOD IN THE LIGHT OF DEMOCRACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS. A comparative case study of Sweden, France and the European CommissionMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In recent years, artificial intelligence has become increasingly discussed and it is predicted to have a major impact on our societies in the future, having positive effects but could potentially be negative for democracy. In this paper, I investigate how artificial intelligence will affect human rights and democracy, where I critically evaluate the framing of problems, solutions and regulatory work of three cases. LÄS MER
3. ”Ni är inte bättre än de djur ni dödar.” En existentialistisk läsning av Butcher’s Crossing möter ett ekokritiskt perspektiv.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : This paper examines how John Williams novel Butcher’s Crossing can be understood through the perspectives of existentialism and ecocritisism. The novel depicts the Midwestern United States in the early 1870s; Butcher's Crossing is the name of a small isolated hunting city in Kansas, where the novel's protagonist Will Andrews travels. LÄS MER
4. Att utforma en gång- och cykelbana : En analys av utrymmesbehovet på ytbegränsade gång- och cykelbanor i StockholmKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Transportplanering; KTH/Transportplanering
Sammanfattning : Region Stockholm recently set a goal to highly increase the bicycle traffic share the comingdecade. Bicycles as a means of transport has grown in popularity and current trends showa steady yearly increase. The ambitiously set goal puts high demands on the currentpedestrian and bicycle paths in the city. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Maskinkonstruktion (Avd.)
Sammanfattning : The automotive industry is currently traversing through the electrification wave. Numerous manufacturers are directing focus to electrify their lineup and reduce emissions. In the frontier of heavy duty diesel trucks, electrification of auxiliary units remains an unexplored potential. LÄS MER