Sökning: "the islamic state"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 145 uppsatser innehållade orden the islamic state.
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although terrorism is an area that has been the subject of much research, systematic searches in databases reveal that a focus on actors and movements that find their motivation in Christian beliefs, is, by and large, lacking. Ever since the 9/11 terrorist attack, Islamist terrorism has been the major focus. LÄS MER
2. Nikāḥ as precondition for paradise? Spiritual corporeality and al-Ghazālī’s theology of marriage in the Kitāb ādāb al-nikāḥMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för teologi och religionsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : With the 11th century text Kitāb ādāb al-nikāḥ, the “Book on the Proper Conduct of Marriage”, the Islamic thinker al-Ghazālī (1056 –1111/447–504) replies to a contemporaneous debate within Sufi asceticism with a theology of nikāḥ. The text is part of his opus magnum, the “Renaissance of the Knowledge of dīn”, which aims at a renewal of Muslim piety and provides practical guidance to the male audience addressed. LÄS MER
3. Crusaders and Invaders: How Islamic State and the Christchurch Shooter Portray Their Enemies in PropagandaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för Mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : Research comparing the ideological beliefs, radicalization pathways, and extremist rhetoric of both Salafi jihadists and militant white supremacists has become increasingly prevalent over the past decade. However, there has not yet been an in-depth comparison of how those extremists portray the communities they incite violence against. LÄS MER
4. Was the search for respectability a driving force for Western women to join ISIS? : A qualitative study on the choice behind Western women joining ISIS.Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to investigate if women from the Western world joined ISIS in search of respectability. Beverly Skegg’s (1997) theory of respectability was used as the theoretical framework and as a lens to shape the result. LÄS MER
5. Att sätta muslimska kvinnors rättigheter på kartan : En studie av fem feministiska teoretikersperspektiv på islam och feminismMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Muslim women’s rights, and gender equality in the Muslim world, are commonly discussed subjects within the academic world. Feminism, as a term, is often connected to this topic of discussion. LÄS MER