Sökning: "the melting pot"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden the melting pot.
1. Kaosets symfonier : En religionshistorisk analys av innehållet i Black Metalbandet Watains textkorpusKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : With this essay my aim is to uncover the content in the discography of the Swedish Black Metal act Watain in respect to lyrically expressed religious themes revolving around the tendencies within occulture and the Black Metal scene. To investigate the matter I have combined quantitative and qualitative analysis methods from the fields of corpus linguistics as well as content analysis, which provided me with an array of key words and their respective concordances (Key Word In Context, KWIC) in the texts. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Arkitekthögskolan vid Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The everyday survival of the other atthe border between ‘East’ and ‘West’is the object of this study. The countryin-between, Estonia, is a ‘meltingpot’ of Russian, Western and Nordicinfluence, what makes this zone anactive, diverse, nevertheless invisiblein the global awareness. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Surrounding the Hindukush mountain chain is a stretch of land where as many as 50 distinct languages varieties of several language meet, in the present study referred to as “The Greater Hindukush” (GHK). In this area a large number of languages of at least six genera are spoken in a multi-linguistic setting. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : In this essay the notion of the melting pot within E.L. Doctorow's "Ragtime" will be examined. In contradistinction to most previous research on "Ragtime", where the greatest focus is put on the American dream, this study will mainly emphasise the melting pot. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan på Gotland/Institutionen för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : North of the city of Stockholm lies the area called Södra Roslagen composed of several municipalities. The purpose of this essay is to discover how local informants describe the food culture of the region and analyse why some types of food are mentioned and others are excluded. LÄS MER